The Bend Lifetime Leaders Program is designed for retired (or not) individuals who seek to share their wealth of experience and leadership in a significant capacity within their community. Program faculty will help participants develop a vision for the next chapter in their lives and ignite their unique leadership potential in our community. The environment will be one of peer-learning and facilitated discussions. Outside speakers and hands-on exercises allow for active engagement on class days.
Next cohort scheduled for late winter. Stay tuned for more details.
Applications still being accepted.
What will we do?
- Explore the concept of lifetime leadership
- Understand the nature of local government and community collaborations
- Meet and learn from a variety of leaders in our community
- Delve into our nonprofit landscape and business ecosystem
- Expand your passion and purpose for community service and volunteering
- Look outward to the Bend community for opportunities for civic awareness, community engagement, and volunteer connections
- Build a personal network of community-minded colleagues
- Access a network of 500+ Leadership Bend program graduates over 27 years – from business, government, and nonprofit sectors
Who should apply?
The Lifetime Leaders Program is for those who have a lifetime of accumulated skills and leadership, and seek to share their wealth of experience to improve their communities and their lives.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a demonstrable connection to Bend and Central Oregon
- Show evidence of tangible active leadership in the workplace and/or in the community
- Be willing to commit the required time to the Lifetime Leaders Program
- Be committed to employing leadership skills and knowledge for the long-term benefit of the community