Supporting the voice of business in Bend since 1926
Working with the city, county and state as well as our other local districts and agencies, can be a time-consuming challenge, especially for business owners who are often busy managing their own businesses. The Bend Chamber Advocacy Council was formed with a group of diverse leaders to help manage our efforts and serve as representation of the membership.
The mission of the Advocacy Council is twofold:
- Identify, evaluate and recommend positions to the Bend Chamber Board of Directors on issues and opportunities which may impact the health of the business community and the economic stability of Bend.
- Promote community awareness and engagement on issues impacting our community through community forums and other resources available through the organization.
The following items fall under this council’s umbrella of responsibility:
- Review and recommend positions on all government advocacy issues at the local, state and federal levels
- Review and recommend positions on member and non-member requests for engagement
- Form ad hoc committees and assign liaisons to task forces / committees as needed
2021 Advocacy Council Members
Garrett Chrostek (Chair)
Bryant, Lovlien, & Jarvis
Central Oregon Builders Association
Thompson Pump & Irrigation
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
Central Oregon Association of Realtors
PacificSource Health Plans
For more information about the Chamber’s Advocacy Council, please contact:
Sara Odendahl, Government Affairs Consultant
303-506-2348 | email@example.com