Nomination for Women of the Year Awards
Tia Lewis is an exemplary member of Bend’s community. It is with great pleasure and excitement that I nominate Tia for the honor of Bend’s 2018 Woman of the Year. A real estate and land use attorney for over 25 years, Tia is an expert in her field and an example for young women attorneys. I write this nomination not only as CEO of Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, but also as a friend of Tia’s.
Tia is not only an integral part of Schwabe’s Bend office; she is also deeply enmeshed in the Bend community and endeavors to involve herself in as many ways as possible. Tia is an active member of the Rotary Club of Bend, having thrice received the Rotarian of the Year award. From helping to organize community events and fundraisers to aiding community members in professional development and networking, Tia is always ready to lend a hand. Since 2006, Tia has served as a board member of the Deschutes Children’s Foundation, a nonprofit community organization that helps children and families thrive by providing a centralized location that offers basic services. She also served as a board chair for this organization. A pillar of the community, Tia is also a board member of the Economic Development for Central Oregon.
Professionally, Tia is a shareholder at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt. Her practice includes all aspects of development permitting and approval, from conceptual approval through land divisions and project development. A former Deschutes County Hearings Officer, Tia brings a unique decision-maker’s perspective to the development approval process. The legal industry is more than a profession to Tia; she serves as a role model to an up-and-coming generation of women seeking to enter the legal industry, a field that is in many ways still dominated by men.
Tia continues to inspire and motivate those of us around her to do better and be better in all aspects of our lives. I strongly encourage you to consider Tia Lewis for Bend’s 2018 Woman of the Year.
Community & Civic Activities
• Economic Development for Central Oregon, Board Member
• Deschutes Children’s Foundation, past Board Chair, current Board Member (2006-present)
• Rotary Club of Bend, Board Member
• Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year Award, Land Use and Zoning Law (2018 )
• Best Lawyers in America award (2010-present)
• Rotarian of the Year award, Rotary Club of Bend (2014-2016)
• Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International (2016)
• Oregon State Bar, Real Estate and Land Use Section Member and Education Committee Member (2013-2016)
• Bachelor of Arts, North Carolina State University (1987)
• Juris Doctor, Lewis & Clark Law School (1993)