A New Source of Funding for Bend Small Businesses
Applications Closed. If additional funds are received, the application will reopen.
In response to growing need, a group of Oregon Community Foundation donors has supported the creation of the Boost Up Bend Fund to help local, small businesses in Bend defray costs related to reopening their doors.
Investments to fund reopening needs include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and sanitization requirements
- Structures, operational adjustments and physical changes to their business in order to open under state COVID-19 guidelines for their industry sector
- Goods, services, food and other purchases required to service their employees or customers
- Additional personnel costs associated with state guidelines for their industry sector
- This fund is limited to small businesses of under 15 employees (FTE) and sole proprietors that have not received more than $5,000 in Federal COVID-19 stimulus assistance.
- Businesses must be geographically located within the city of Bend, Oregon.
- Attention will be given to businesses owned or managed by people who identify as women and/or minorities.
Application Process Open May 11-19
- Up to $2,500 per business/applicant (Small business under 15 employees-FTE)
- Up to $1,500 per sole proprietor
- 5/11 thru 5/19 (EOD) – Application Process Open
- 5/20 thru 5/25 – Evaluations (Application Process Closed)
- 5/27 – Deadline for decisions, notification and disbursement
A second application period will be announced if funds are still available after the first grant-making period, or if additional funds are received for distribution.
How can you support Bend businesses?
- Donate to the Boost up Bend Fund!
We are accepting tax deductible donations for the Boost up Bend fund serving Bend businesses. Please note, there is not a minimum donation amount, every penny counts. We encourage you to consider contributing to this much needed fund to build up Bend businesses.
Donations may be made securely via PayPal at the link to the right, or send a check payable to BendNEXT to:
c/o Bend Chamber
777 NW Wall St, #200
Bend, OR 97703
BendNEXT is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, Tax ID 93-1224982.
Please contact Talena Barker via email (email@example.com) to learn more about the fund and discuss how you can be a part of investing in the future of Bend businesses.
- Make a pledge directly to your favorite businesses!
SOSBend.com: This new web site is designed as a portal for consumers to support local businesses through monetary support pledges for future store/service credit.
Very simple to use!
- Find the business you want to support on their site
- Commit to supporting them by clicking on the “Support Now” button on their page
- The businesses will follow up with you directly to sell you a gift card or store credit
About the Boost up Bend Fund:
A group of Oregon Community Foundation donors supported the creation of the Boost Up Bend Fund to help local, small businesses in Bend in this time of need.
Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) puts donated money to work in Oregon – more than $100 million in grants and scholarships annually. For more than 45 years, OCF grantmaking, research, advocacy and community-advised solutions have helped individuals, families, businesses and organizations create charitable funds to improve lives for all Oregonians. Impactful giving–time, talent and resources from many generous Oregonians–creates measurable change. For more information about OCF, please visit: www.oregoncf.org
This fund is administered by BendNEXT, a 501(c)3 organization affiliated with the Bend Chamber of Commerce.