Laurie Hetherington, Stephanie Hunter and Amy Neff have all joined the executive board of the Central Oregon Disability Support Network.
The mission of the Central Oregon Disability Support Network (CODSN) is to promote a positive understanding of disability and community inclusion, as well as be a source of support, information and education for families and professionals.
CODSN will accomplish this mission by empowering and supporting families and individuals who have been touched by disability. CODSN will work to increase education, promote public understanding and acceptance and encourage full inclusion of individuals with differences in our community.
CODSN believes and advocates for the following:
- Disability is one of many types of human diversity.
- Peer support is sustainable, empowers families and changes lives.
- Families with high expectations for their children raise adults with high expectations.
- All families have strengths and valuable experiences that contribute to their community. Welcoming communities strengthen and support all families.
- The role of service systems is to complement the support that exists in community.
- Access to effective supports and services is a fundamental right of all families across Oregon.