Bend-La Pine Schools Superintendent Shay Mikalson announced that Steven Stancliff has been selected to become the next principal at Pilot Butte Middle School starting July 1. Stancliff is currently the assistant principal at Ridgeview High School in Redmond, a position he has served in since 2012.
Stancliff’s background includes time teaching at an International Baccalaureate (IB) school. He taught Spanish and history at Redmond High School and the International School of the Cascades for seven years. Stancliff believes that his background in IB is valuable and one that makes him excited to serve as principal at Pilot Butte, which is an IB World School.
“My entire educational career is rooted in international education and I value the emphasis IB places on community,” said Stancliff. “This is a natural fit for me and I’m excited to be part of the Bend-La Pine Schools community.”
Stancliff hopes to make Pilot Butte a hub for the area and to help students continue to deepen their connections and service within the community.
Several other administrative changes will also take effect July 1:
• Kimberely Crabtree, currently director of transportation for Greater Albany Public Schools in Albany, Oregon, will become the director of transportation.
• Colleen Funderburg, currently a teacher on special assignment with Bend-La Pine Schools, and Joshua Marks, currently the assistant principal at R.E. Jewell Elementary School, will become assistant directors for special programs.
• Lybe Crumpton, currently the student services coordinator for Ensworth Elementary School, will become the assistant principal at Lava Ridge Elementary School.
• Thomas Lence, currently a teacher at High Lakes Elementary School, will become the assistant principal at that school.
• Jesse Rasmussen, currently a teacher at R.E. Jewell Elementary School, will become the assistant principal at that school.
• Joan Warburg, currently principal at Hendrick Ranch Elementary School in Moreno Valley, Calif., will become the assistant principal at Bear Creek Elementary School.