The third annual Cork & Barrel wine event series has expanded to include the new “A Sip of Cork & Barrel” event, presented by Kendall BMW of Bend.
The event is taking place July 9-11. Each year, Cork and Barrel brings a new wine region to Central Oregon, and this year, KIDS Center is hosting a group of winemakers from Napa Valley. These guest wineries will partner with chefs for a series of food and wine events throughout the weekend, culminating with the Cork & Barrel Grand Event on July 11.
“A Sip of Cork & Barrel” is scheduled to occur July 10 from 5 – 8:30 p.m. at Tetherow Golf Club. At the event, attendees will enjoy Napa Valley wine tasting paired with small bite cuisine from 900 Wall, 5 Fusion, Elevation at Cascade Culinary Institute, Pine Tavern, plus guest chefs Ken Frank of Napa’s Michelin Star restaurant, La Toque, and Executive Chef OJ Robinson of the Benson Hotel in Portland.
Tickets for “A Sip of Cork & Barrel” are $75 per person, and are available online at www.corkandbarrel.org.
In addition to the new “A Sip of Cork & Barrel” event, five multi-course winemaker dinners are also planned at various locations around town on Thursday, July 9. Seating for each dinner is limited to 40 guests. The 2015 winemaker dinner lineup includes the following restaurants and wineries:
- Chef Joe Kim of 5 Fusion and Sushi Bar, hosted by the Victorian Café, featuring wines from Pine Ridge Vineyards
- Chef David Touvell of CHOW, featuring wines from Sullivan Wines, Inherit the Sheep and Corley Family Wines/Monticello Vineyards
- Guest Chef Kevin Linde of Pronghorn Resort, featuring wines from Double Eagle and Grieve Family Winery
- Guest Chef OJ Robinson of The Benson Hotel, hosted by Renee Houston in her private North Rim home, featuring wines from Grgich Hills Estate
- Guest Chef Ken Frank of La Toque, hosted by Elevation at Cascade Culinary Institute, featuring wines from Michael Mondavi Family Estates
Tickets to each winemaker dinner are $125 per person, fully inclusive. To reserve seats, visit www.corkandbarrel.org, or call Talena at 541-647-4907.
The Grand Event on Saturday, July 11, presented by Avion Water Company, features top flight wine and food pairings by Zydeco/Bistro 28 followed by a five-course gourmet dinner, paired with a choice of hand-selected Napa Valley wines, or craft beers from 10 Barrel Brewing. Additionally, guests will enjoy a silent auction and live auction including wines from all over the world, exclusive travel experiences, unique dining opportunities and much more. Tickets to the Grand Event are currently sold out. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist in the event of cancellations.