Formed in 1910, Pacific Power & Light started from several small electric companies, serving areas of Oregon and Washington. Based in Portland, Oregon, we provide electric service to 735,000 customers in Oregon, Washington and California. As part of PacifiCorp, we are one of the lowest-cost electricity providers in the United States, with 1.8 million customers in six western states.
Two in five people aren’t prepared for an emergency or natural disaster. You and your family can plan for emergencies or outages – and stay safe around electricity every day – with the following helpful tips from Pacific Power:
Safety at home:
- Use a power strip to prevent overloaded outlets.
- Use GFCI outlets near water sources to help prevent electrical shocks.
- Replace all worn or damaged appliance cords.
- Follow safety rules for portable electric generators.
- Assemble an emergency kit and have a family plan.
Make a plan, build a kit, stay connected:
Create and practice your emergency plan – include caring for pets and family members who need extra help. Your kit should contain water, non-perishable food, first aid kit and medications, battery-operated or hand-crank radio, flashlights and extra batteries.
Build your social network to get the latest information:
- Follow @PacificPower_OR, @RedCross and @fema
- Like facebook.com/PacificPower
- Download our mobile app on the App Store or Google Play
Find more tips at pacificpower.net/prepare.