Economic Development for Central Oregon(EDCO), host of the 12th Annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC), has selected the five Early Stage and nine Growth Stage semi-finalists that may have an opportunity to compete at the BVC on Oct. 16.
In alphabetical order, the five Early Stage finalists, which were decided by audience vote at PubTalk on Thursday night, are:
- AirFit: Putting gym and shower facilities into airports
- Outdoor Logic – Solutions: Developing products that make participating in outdoor activities easier, including a prototype-ready ski and snowboard boot remover called the “DeBooter”
- QuakeWarn: An Earthquake Early Warning System that sends alerts via SMS/push notification when shaking is detected at coastal monitoring sites
- Radventure: A peer-to-peer marketplace that helps frustrated outdoor adventure travelers explore a destination like a local
- SnoPlanks: Manufacturer of high-end bamboo snowboards
“The five Early Stage finalists are all strong contenders,” said Brian Vierra, Venture Catalyst for EDCO. “I’m excited to see what happens at BVC in a couple weeks.”
The nine Growth Stage semi-finalists, which will be narrowed down further before the Bend Venture Conference, were selected after a thorough due diligence process by the investors. Five of the nine Growth Stage finalists will be competing for large investment dollars at BVC.
In alphabetical order, the nine Growth Stage semi-finalists are:
- Abom: Abom’s team has invented and patented a true anti-fog active technology that will prevent fog from surviving in active sports eyewear – a true fog killer.
- Cairn: Changing how outdoor enthusiasts discover and purchase products by offering a $25 monthly subscription service delivered directly to subscribers’ doorsteps, while also introducing them to new brands and products.
- Health123: Health123′s Health Activation Platform provides a digitally-scaled compliance solution enabling patients through curated content, atomized care plans and direct connections to their follow-up care professionals.
- HoneyComb: Transforming agriculture with on-demand data services and drone technology.
- NemaMetrix: Offers an early stage drug discovery platform that reduces the cost of discovery 100x by increasing the success of identifying drug candidates early.
- Odysys: Helps hotels drive more direct bookings at a lower cost. Hoteliers can connect, manage and track digital marketing efforts with one simple platform.
- Perfect Company: Perfect Company’s connected scale and interactive recipe solution revolutionizes cooking. Currently building a large, active user base on which they can build food content business.
- Scratch-it: A Software as a Service marketing solution that manages a new type of content called “reveal,” which consistently improves engagement by 10x.
- ZeroTransform: Virtual Reality will revolutionize how we interact with digital content. ZeroTransform specializes in creating these Virtual Reality worlds to capture the imagination.
For more information about the Bend Venture Conference or to buy a ticket, visit 2015 Bend Venture Conference.