Mid Oregon Credit Union is collecting needed school supplies for students in Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties. The Supplies 4 Schools drive will run through the month of August. This year’s Supplies 4 Schools will assure that children who can’t afford needed and required school supplies will have a sense of belonging and readiness on their first day of school.
According to Family Access Network (FAN), 95 percent of the families they work with indicate that FAN services helped their child attend or stay in school. During the 2014-15 school year, 3,228 school children were helped with school supplies.
Supplies will stay in the same community in which they are collected. Community members may drop off donated school supplies at any Mid Oregon Credit Union location:
- Bend (Olney Ave and 2nd Street, across from Black Bear Diner)
- East Bend (On Cushing Drive, south of Neff, off 27th )
- Redmond (next to Bi-Mart)
- Madras (At Fifth and “F” Streets) and the Jefferson County Courthouse (66 SE D Street)
- Prineville (In front of Bi-Mart)
- La Pine (Across from Bi-Mart)
Donations for Deschutes and Crook Counties will be distributed by FAN. In Jefferson County the supplies will be delivered directly to the school district for distribution. For more information about Supplies 4 Schools, please call 541-382-1795, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.