Mid Oregon Credit Union is collecting needed school supplies for students in Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties. The Supplies 4 Schools drive will run through the month of August. This year’s Supplies 4 Schools will assure that children who can’t afford needed and required school supplies will have a sense of belonging and readiness on their first day of school.
Supplies will stay in the same community in which they are collected. Community members may drop off donated school supplies at any Mid Oregon Credit Union location:
- Bend (Olney Ave and 2nd Street, across from Black Bear Diner)
- East Bend (On Cushing Drive, south of Neff, off 27th )
- Redmond (next to Bi-Mart)
- Madras (At Fifth and “F” Streets) and the Jefferson County Courthouse (66 SE D Street)
- Prineville (In front of Bi-Mart)
- La Pine Lending Center (Next to Bancorp Ins on Hwy 97)
Donations for Deschutes County will be distributed by the Family Access Network (FAN). In Crook and Jefferson counties the supplies will be delivered directly to the school districts for distribution. For more information about Supplies 4 Schools call 541-382-1795. For more information about Mid Oregon Credit Union, their services and branch locations in Bend, Redmond, Madras, Prineville, and La Pine Lending Center, please visit their website at www.midoregon.com.
Needed school supplies include:
Colored markers thick & thin
Glue & glue sticks
College ruled paper
2, 3 & 4-inch ring binders
Dry erase markers/pens
Notebook dividers 5-pack