Ready for the summer cooling season? These cost-saving guidelines and maintenance tips can help extend the life of your cooling equipment and lower monthly energy bills.
- Set thermostats at 78°F.
- Keep exterior and freight doors closed as much as possible.
- Allow employees to wear comfortable clothing during hot summer weather.
- Install window film, solar screens or awnings on south- and west-facing windows to reduce solar heat gain.
- Replace outdated air conditioning equipment with ENERGY STAR® qualified products. Pacific Power customers can receive Energy Trust of Oregon cash incentives for high efficiency upgrades.
- Have a contractor inspect and maintain your air conditioning equipment annually to ensure the unit is running properly.
- Check air filters monthly and clean or change as needed.
- Clean air intake screens regularly.
- Regularly check motors, bearings and fans; lubricate when needed.
Find more energy-saving tips and information from Pacific Power at bewattsmart.com