The Bend Fire Department is looking for community-minded people who would like to become long-term members of a great organization as a support volunteer. The department is looking for people with all types of backgrounds, talents and passions. There are a range of opportunities where you can help, and the department will provide the training.
● Safety Outreach for Seniors (SOS): This program helps seniors in our community stay safe in their homes by showing them how to prevent falls and fires. A background in social services, inspections, caregiving and medical fields is helpful but not required.
● Courier Service: The department needs people who would enjoy delivering mail and other materials to the five fire stations, city hall and the department training center on a weekly basis. The vehicle is supplied.
● Fire and Life Safety Education: Public safety education is an essential component of the department’s fire prevention mission. The department is in need of volunteers who have the skills and ability to teach important safety concepts to all ages, in collaboration with fire prevention professionals.
● Community Events: Bend Fire is involved with many community events, along with the Bend Police Department, and needs people to help staff displays, including the new community engine.
● Administration: If you have a background in office work, computers, graphic design and web page design, and if you are looking for a way to support your community, the department can use your help.
● Emergency Incident Support: Volunteers are called upon to drive the “Rehab Bus” to the scene of extended emergency operations to provide food, hydration, shelter and rest for firefighters who are assigned to rehab.
Bend Fire will provide training, uniforms and everything you need to contribute. You provide your skills, enthusiasm and passion, along with some of your time. You will become a part of a positive, energetic and compassionate team that helps the community in many crucial ways.
For more information on how you can help us, please contact: Linda Riggs, Volunteer Coordinator at 541-322-6300 or email@example.com.