Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO), host of the 13th annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC), has announced the five Early Stage finalists that will vie for the $15K BendBroadband Business cash prize at BVC on Friday, Oct. 14.
In alphabetical order, the five Early Stage finalists, selected by audience vote at last night’s sold out PubTalk are:
- CushCore: Manufactures an Inner-Tire Suspension System for mountain bikes.
- Fire Funder: Crowdfunding platform for the outdoor and sports community.
- Free Rain Designs: Creator of two backyard products – The Cube, an aesthetically pleasing option for rainwater collection, and The Hexagarden, a raised-bed gardening system.
- Hytchr: Mobile photo/video crowdsourcing application powered by blockchain technology.
- InvestiPro: Cloud-based software platform that simplifies how employers conduct workplace investigations.
“In just three short weeks, these five Early Stage companies will present at the Bend Venture Conference to compete for $15,000,” said Brian Vierra, venture catalyst for EDCO. “They are a diverse group representing a wide breadth of different industries, so I’m excited to see what happens.”
The 13th annual Bend Venture Conference takes place on Thursday, Oct. 13 and Friday, Oct. 14, with events happening throughout both days. For more information or to buy a ticket, visit 2016 Bend Venture Conference.