On Tuesday evening, more than 200 attendees gathered at the Tetherow Resort Event Pavilion to celebrate the region’s finest citizens and businesses at the sold out 27th annual Star Awards for Greatness and Excellence (SAGE) event.
“The Bend Chamber SAGE Business Awards are renowned for showcasing the achievements and entrepreneurial spirit of our region’s most brilliant businesses and citizens,” said Robin Rogers executive vice president of programs and events for the Bend Chamber. “We know our members and businesses are the engine of our economy, driving growth and delivering jobs for thousands in our community. And, we appreciate that these businesses and individuals invest their heart and soul into their businesses and professions every single day.”
The Bend Chamber received more than 30 nominations. Nominations were open to Bend Chamber members. Citizen of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award were open to both members and the community at large. All nominees, with the exception of the People’s Choice Award, were judged by an independent panel of judges comprised of past winners, business owners and community dignitaries.
“Every one of our nominees is deserving,” said Rogers. “It’s these members, citizens and businesses that help our community prosper and thrive.”
- Lifetime Achievement: Jim Schell
- Citizen of the Year: Gwenn Wysling
- Large Business of the Year: Humm Kombucha
- Small Business of the Year: ASI Wealth Management & Consulting Services
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year: MountainStar Family Relief Nursery
- New and Emerging Business of the Year: Cairn
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Atlas Cider
- Healthy Workplace of the Year: G5
- Corporate Excellence in Business Award: U.S. Bank
- People’s Choice Award: SMART (Start Making A Reader Today)