More than 1,150 Bend-La Pine Schools students are slated to graduate this week as part of the Class of 2016.
Graduations take place at the following times and locations:
- Bend Senior High School (394 graduates): June 11 at 7 p.m. at Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
- La Pine High School (92 graduates): June 10 at 7 p.m. at La Pine High School
- Marshall High School (35 graduates): June 13 at 6:30 p.m. at Bend Senior High School
- Mountain View High School (277 graduates): June 9 at 7 p.m. at Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
- Summit High School (355 graduates): June 11 at 2 p.m. at Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
The Class of 2016 includes 142 students who earned a 4.0 Grade Point Average (or above), 365 students who earned a 3.5 GPA (or above), and 318 students who will receive honors diplomas.
Many of this year’s graduating seniors will pursue post-secondary education or training. The Class of 2016 was offered more than $9 million in scholarships. Many students are staying in state for secondary education, while other graduates are choosing to attend college out of state. Students from the Class of 2016 will attend college in New Zealand, Canada and Great Britain, as well as Hawaii, Montana, Pennsylvania and South Dakota, to name a few. Graduates will be attending the U.S. Air Force Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Brigham Young University, Boston University, Pomona College, Cornell University and University of California – Berkeley among many others.